CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF)
Course Ref: P06271
This qualification will provide learners with a secure understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in the school environment.
Why Choose This Course
To progress in your chosen career path, the Diploma in Support Teaching and Learning will give you confidence with hands on experience and prior knowledge.
A learning programme is being planned to cater for the diverse needs of the work force, whilst maintaining a quality programme.
What Will I Learn
The units cover:
- Child and Young Person development
- Safeguarding their welfare
- The importance of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Supporting positive behaviour.
They also cover:
- Communications and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations including types of schools, policies and procedures and the wider environment in which they operate
- Plan, deliver, and review assessment strategies to promote and support learning alongside the teacher
- Personal development and reflective practice
Plus a wide range of specialist optional units.
What Facilities Do We Have
As well as offering an education designed to meet your needs, The Oldham College has invested in many additional facilities that will be of benefit to you.
- Refectory and shop
- Library and learning centres
- Computer facilities
- Butterflies Nursery
- Virtual Learning environment
- Prayer room
Length Of Course
Approx 12 months. Blended learning available, with regular work shop sessions and Assessor support.
How Much Will It Cost
Cost of course- £1,201
£300- when part funded
This course is suitable for Teaching Assistants, Learning and Support Assistants, Cover Supervisors, Parent Support Advisors or those in similar roles in a school environment.
Must be employed minumum of 30 hours per week.
What Will You Achieve
On completion of this course you will be able to work as a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assisstant.
Where Can I Go Next
Short CPD courses that we offer are -
- Level 3 Award and Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
- Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools.
You can specialise in different areas with on the job training eg; Special Educational Needs or Behavioural difficulties.
The course is also a good stepping stone to a Foundation Degree.
How Do I Apply
Come to one of our enrolement sessions held frequently throughout the year.
For information on when these are being held please contact our Student Services department on 0161-785 4362
Applications can be made at any time during the year.
Applications can be made on line at www.oldham.ac.uk or application forms can be downloaded from our website and should be returned to: