0161 785 4000
You will study a range of units which are:
• The Innovative Entrepreneur
• Business Planning & Pitching
• Financial Planning
• Launching your Business Vision
• Monitoring the Performance of your Business
• International Business
• Planning your Future Business Strategy
• Leadership and Team Work
• Working as an Intrapreneur or Social Enterprise
• Market Research
• E Marketing & Web Design
• Brand Development & Promotion
The main units you will study at the beginning of the course are designed to allow you to start thinking as an entrepreneur and gain creative skills and thinking in order to develop your business idea. Learners will then move on to learn about marketing and finance and working in a successful team.
You'll also gain experience on the following:
• Real life business challenges
• Master classes, workshops, micro business surgeries and networking events
• Receive coaching from real business owners
• Undertake a personal and professional development programme designed to guide you and support your business aspirations
This course is all coursework based, involving no exams. Assessment methods include blogs, professional discussion, reports and practical elements such as working in a team and Dragons Den style pitch.
Learners will be placed on a two week placement in a highly respected company, which is in a business area to suit their needs. We will work with each learner to understand what skills you are looking to develop and what kind of area you are interested in working. It could be that you want to gain experience of working in the sector in which your business is running in. If so we will provide support and guidance to ensure your work placement is relevant and will help to develop key skills.
Upon completion of the course, learners can run their own business venture, progress into employment or undertake university level study.